Although full details have not been published yet, Chancellor Rishi Sunak has released a statement outlining how details of the extension to the Furlough scheme and second payment for the self employed.
Key points are;
* No new claims for employees placed on furlough for the first time after June 10th
* Flexible furlough will start on the 1st July removing the minimum of 3 weeks before an employee can return to work and allowing part-time and job shares
* Employers will start paying NI and pension contributions from 1st August and no longer claim through CJRS
* On September 1st the amount of furlough changes to 70% and then 60% on October 1st. Employers will have to pay the remainder of the 80% but can choose to add the final 20% if they can
* The Furlough scheme will end on October 31st 2020
* The self employment grant will make a second payment of 70% of your average earnings up to £6,750 in August. You will only be eligible if you have successfully received the first payment
We will update as soon as more information is published with full links…..